102 Page Neurodiversity Affirming Handbook: Gain insights into ADHD, Autism Spectrum, 'masking,' and explore strategies for mental health support, neurodiversity-affirming language, accommodations, and IEP goals.
- 8 Page ND Affirming Care/Therapy Best Practices:
- Discover compassionate approaches to provide care and therapy that nurtures neurodivergent individuals.
- 12 Page Material Toolbox:
- Access a collection of practical resources and materials to enhance your neurodiversity-affirming practices.
- 5 Page ND Affirming Principals & Challenging Behaviors:
- Learn effective strategies for addressing challenging behaviors while maintaining a neurodiversity-affirming approach.
- 8 Page Parent Collaboration Information Pack:
- Forge strong partnerships with parents by providing them with essential information and tools to support their neurodivergent children.
- 16 Page ND and the IEP (Accommodations and Goals):
- Navigate the Individualized Education Program (IEP) process and develop effective accommodations and goals to meet the unique needs of neurodivergent students.
Get ready to dive into the "Handbook for Neurodiversity-Affirming Practices" – your new BFF in embracing and celebrating the beautiful spectrum of our students' brains.
This isn't just another resource; it's a love letter to every brain that ticks a little differently. ADHD, Autism Spectrum, 'masking' and its mental health impact, neurodiversity-affirming language, accommodations/ IEP Goals - you name it, we cover it.
We're here to help you become more than just aware – we want you to be a champion for your neurodivergent students.
It's jam-packed with real-world, actionable steps to help you create a learning environment that screams, "You are valued! You are understood! You belong here!"
The Handbook for Neurodiversity-Affirming Practices is more than just a guide; it's a game-changer, a mindset shift. It's about embracing and working neurological differences to create a space where every student can thrive, just as they are.
Let the Handbook for Neurodiversity-Affirming Practices be your guide on this incredible journey.
About the Authors
Meet Megan Mott, M.S. CCC-SLP, a neurodivergent Speech-Language Pathologist and mother of three neurodivergent children. Diagnosed with ADHD, Megan uses her personal insights to foster positive self-identities in her students and promote inclusive education through her Neurodiversity-Affirming Handbook.
Alongside Megan is Dani Rodwell, LCSW, a neurodivergent therapist diagnosed with ADHD and Autism. Dani's firsthand experiences with unaffirming systems of care inspired her dedication to helping other neurodivergent individuals feel seen and understood. Specializing in intersectional identities, she co-owns a nationwide practice offering neuroaffirming support.
Both authors use their professional expertise and personal experiences to equip educators and professionals with effective, neurodiversity-affirming strategies. Their mission is to make a difference in the lives of neurodivergent individuals by promoting understanding, acceptance, and inclusion.
Copyright © AdaptEd 4 Special Ed
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
📧 This product is a digital download and will be delivered via email immediately upon purchase.